Tuesday, October 9

Making some progress on sheepypants


Hi, Just a quick update picture so you can see how my yarn is patterning. I am up to the kitchener and split for legs, Logan has grown so much recently his last sheepypants look short today- seriously tossing up between unpicking the hems and adding some length or letting them morph into shorties/capris? I am enjoying making these, but children just started term 4 of school and I need to do some catchup work on the house before my ravelry invite arrives and I am lost for a while.

Regards, Mel

3 comments:

A Bunch of Knits said...

Love how that colorway is knitting up!

she knits said...

Thanks, I have not had much time with all the childrens needs etc, but I am an inch of finishing the 1st leg now. It looks great and I tried them on bub needles and all and they fit around the top perfectly. I just received dome organic wool which still has a high lanolin content so I want to knit that soon, it is natural cream colour so I am thinking of trying my hand at dyeing- Should I risk it? Wool wasn't that cheap-LOL. I have about 300 grams so should get 2 pairs of longies out of it.
Regards, Mel

loraine said...

Yes, risk the dying. I have dyed but done it after I made the soaker. You could try that, too. No rule says you have to do it before, just differing effects. I didn't think I'd like that color as much as I am liking it.

With all the lanolin in the yarn, I'd want to make them without risking taking it out. Ahhh, smooth hands.....